I started making balloon wreaths a few months ago after seeing them on a few blogs. They are so easy (and cheap) to make and can be used for just about any event. A trip to Michael's and Party City is all you need to get started!
Follow these simple instructions on how to make your own balloon wreath.
First you'll need:
- Lots and lots of balloons! I used about 3 packs of 72 count balloons from Party City. Of course this will vary depending on the size of the wreath and balloons you are using.
- Greening pins. These can be found in the floral section of your local craft store.
- Round wreath (or any shape you want). I use a 16" Styrofoam circle. You can also use a straw wreath (keep the plastic on it).
- Take ribbon and wrap it around your Styrofoam wreath to cover up the white. I have also used tulle and it works great as well! I do this so the Styrofoam is not exposed. I also think it's a nice finishing touch.
- Then take a greening pin and stick the balloon in the middle of it (without puncturing the balloon)
- Once you have done the above step, you just stick the pin in the Styrofoam. You'll do this over and over and over again until the wreath is as full as you want it to be.
I told you it was easy, didn't I?