I have been getting a ton of requests on how to create the Minnie/Mickey Centerpieces I featured back in November. The site where I originally found the image is under construction, but you can find them on Facebook here: Lil Bella Boutique
What You Need:
What You Need:
- Large Styrofoam ball (this will be Minne or Mickey's head)
- Two smaller Styrofoam balls for the ears.
- Wooden dowel, up to 1” thick and approximately 15” long
- Wooden dowel 1/4" thick or less cut into two six inch pieces
- Flower pot or vase
- Moss, faux grass, or shredded paper (optional)
- Floral foam (available at your local arts and crafts store)
- Toothpicks, broken in half
- Gumdrops in many different colors
- Ribbon (optional)
- Licorice (optional)
- Cut a block of floral foam to fit inside the flower pot or vase and place it inside.
- Insert the dowel into the center of the Styrofoam ball about 3” deep.
- Insert the other end of the dowel into the floral foam all the way down so that it touches the bottom of the vase. Make sure the dowel is stable.
- Use the 2 smaller dowels for the ears. Insert one end into the small ball, and then the other end into the large ball used for the head. Repeat for other side. (You may find doing this step closer to the end is easier when you already have some gumballs on the head part).
- Stick a gumdrop onto one end of the toothpick and push the other end of the toothpick into the Styrofoam ball. Working in rows, continue placing gumdrops all the way around the ball.
- Once the Styrofoam ball is completely covered, you can place moss, faux grass, or shredded paper into the vase to cover the floral foam. In this example, assorted colors of Twizzlers where used. They were simply wrapped around the base.
- Tie a bow around the dowel with the ribbon (optional).