Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pink Zebra Christening!

I have always been into planning parties but in the last 6-9 months I have really been getting into it and I started following party blogs and have found inspiration everywhere. My DD’s Christening was on 10/3. We had the party catered at our home. We had about 40 adults and around 10 kids. The highlight of the party was the dessert bar that I created. I started planning it while I was on maternity leave. It was so much fun and so easy!

Here are the details:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHY TAKEN BY MICHELLE MCFADDEN PHOTOGRAPHY http://michellemcfaddenphotography.com/ 

Michelle did an amazing job!  I have used her before and she is incredibly talented.  She is a busy mom of 3 small children! I don't know how she does it!

Dress – it was DD#1’s gown. We got it at Little Dickens in Lake Grove, NY 3 years ago.


External Image

External Image

External Image

My favorite pic of the day!

External Image

Party Décor
Tissue Poms – I am so glad I got these. I think they looked really cute and were easy to pouf out and set up. There are a ton of etsy vendors who sell them, but I got them from A Dash of Color
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ADashOfColor


External Image

External Image

Signs – I ordered printables on Etsy and then I used Photoshop elements to put all the words on them. Again, I think they added a lot to the overall look and feel. Seller is Posh Pixels Designs. Kristy has some really great stuff! http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoshPixels I got a bunch of stuff from her. She also has a great website: http://www.poshpixelsstudio.com/

External Image

Napkin ring holders

External Image


Banner – I made this myself with a glue gun and some paper. I used a couple of designs I got from Posh Pixels in the background.

External Image


Backdrop – Since my dining room décor totally clashed with the party theme, I bought 4 white sheers at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Cake Plates & Dishes – All of the white dishes with ribbon were bought at Home Goods. They originally came with black ribbon and I changed it to pink. Nothing was more than $12.99. I already had the 2 apothecary containers and the rest of the clear glass containers I bought at Michael’s. Everything was in the $2.99 - $3.99 range.

Centerpieces - I made them.

External Image


Custom Zebra Runners - I had about 8 of them made by My Little Obsession on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyLittleObsession


Desserts– this was a really time consuming process. First deciding what I wanted and then to find it at a reasonable price. A lot of the quantities available at the bulk candy sites were too big for me. Oh Nuts! Sells a lot of candy at lower quantities at decent prices. I got the Rock Candy and Lollipops from them.  The products were packaged extremely well. They shipped fast and nothing was broken .

External Image


External Image


External Image


External Image


Bubblegum – I bought a pack of white and a pack of pink at Party City.

External Image


M&M’s – I had White, Light pink and Hot Pink. I bought most of them at Party City and some at Dylan’s Candy Bar.





Kisses - you can't really see them, but there are really cute stickers on the bottom of the kisses that I got from Posh Pixels.

External Image

Pink & White Fudge – I bought this at Dylan’s Candy bar in a whim the Friday before the party. I saw the pink and white and HAD to have it.  I quartered each piece. 

External Image


Mini Cupcakes – I used Cupcakes Catering. I have used them a bunch of times and they didn’t disappoint. In fact – they were the first dessert on the table to go followed by the chocolate covered oreos. www.cupcakescatering.com

External Image

My Cupcake Monster - she scarfed down about 6 of them as soon as we got home from church!




Custom Oreos - I got them from Sweeties by Kim http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetiesbykim 
Kim's oreos and other treats are seriously a work of art.  Check out her Etsy Shop and see her incredible work.
External Image


French Macarons – I have been obsessed with them ever since I saw my first dessert bar. The pink ones were Rose Litchi and the white ones were vanilla. They were amazingly delicious! I got them from Petites Bouchees http://www.petitesbouchees.com/index.php

Veronica was really nice to work with.  They came all the way from Virgina.  They transported really well and I got to sample a few that were cracked ;) 

External Image

External Image

Cake Pops - I made them. I got the candy coating and sprinkles at Michael's.They are really easy to make.  Check out Bakerella's blog for directions. 

External Image



External Image


Cake - I used  a local woman who has a cake business.  Her name is Dawn Olson.   It was really pretty, delicious and affordable!. I did a different flavor on each tier:
  • Vanilla with fresh strawberries
  • Chocolate with peanut butter ganache
  • Red Velvet with Cream Cheese filling

External Image


And no review would be complete without some pics of the kiddies!!


External Image


External Image


Party dress from the Gap


External Image

Serving Grandpa fake cookies. E's dress is from Janie & Jack circa 2005 - I got it on Ebay.


External Image


External Image

13 comments:

star said...

What a gorgeous party! I am in love with all the pink! You did an amazing job! I love Kristy, I buy all my printables from her!

Shelley said...

What a wonderful celebration!

Shelley @ http://divinepartyconcepts.com/

Putting All the Ps in one POD! said...

I love this.. I swear if I would have seen this when it was time for my daughter to get christened I would have dittoed(lol)sp everything!!! Amazing! May I please post pics on my blog??
Also, thank you for visiting my blog and following me.. I am now following you!!

Nicole said...

Lovely party!
Featured it today on www.ChicCheapNursery.com

Best,

Nicole

Libier said...

OMG!! This is exactly how I've been planning my DD 1st b'day

Pink tissue pom pom, dessert table (even the labels!), the centerpiece is very similar too but I was thinking candy topiaries. What is yours made of? they are neat!

It's so amazing! I just hope mine gets as pretty as yours! =o)

Libier said...

Oh, and your kids are gorgeous!!!

Posh Little Parties said...

Thanks Libier! The topiaries are made out of ribbon.

tracy said...

do you remeber where you bought your ribbon candies from, i'm having such a hard time finding them.thank you so much!

Hellga said...

I know this is an older post, but I figure I might have a chance of an answer...what font is that on the subtitles of your labels?? The pretty cursive font? I'm totally in love with it!

My2PinkLadies said...

@Hellga Thank you! The script font is CAC Pinafore.

My2PinkLadies said...

@Tracy - I got them online at Oh Nut! http://www.ohnuts.com/searchResults.cfm?criteria=ribbon+candy&x=0&y=0&search=all

elizacob said...

How do you make your labels?

My2PinkLadies said...

@Elizacob - I purchased printable files on Etsy from Posh Pixel Design Studio and then I used photo shop to add the descriptions.